I love these Chanel espadrilles that I purchased last year. The only issue is that I’ve been too afraid to wear them because I don’t want to get them dirty. I figured I paid so much for them that they better last! If you don’t wear these things why do you buy them? To keep in your closet forever just to say you have one? No thank you!
This year I’m making an effort to wear the things I’ve set aside as ‘fancy’ or ‘good’ because they need some love too.
I like my lattes with vanilla, candles burning 90% of the time, froyo whenever possible, black & white & grey…maybe some blue, brunch when ever possible, adding emoji’s in all texts, the bachelor…the list goes on 😉
Pants: Urban Outfitters
If you are in the mood for a good read/tear jerker you need to pick Jojo Moyes ‘Me Before You’. I’m happy I read this book before the movie comes out because I find the books always better!
It’s a quick and nice read. Trust me, you won’t regret it
But have a box of tissues ready!
What makes a blog unique? How does one seem to outshine others? How the hell do I get followers?!? – these are constant thoughts of mine
It seems like every Joe has a ‘lifestyle’ blog these days… and I’m obviously including myself in this generalized statement and you know what, it’s hard to tell how it’s going to go! Is my site going to be popular?? What can I do to increase views/likes?? I’m really not into the ‘you like me and I’ll like you’, it makes it all seem like a facade.
I wanted to take a gander at blogging because I think it’s a fun idea! Who wouldn’t want to have a mini photoshoot of themselves and to get feedback and inspiration from other people from across the world? But I feel like it’s all the same. Don’t get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy this, but everything is the same!! There are so many other people with either the same outfits or same ideas that I’m posting…and here I was thinking I was unique 😉
Things I’ve come to realize which may make a popular blog:
- Quality of photos – this is something I’m lacking as I’m lazy and it’s easier to use an iPhone
- Being pretty – all of these girls out there are so beautiful! (I never show my face ha!)
- Being skinny – does anyone ever eat?? It’s honestly all I ever think about…now I feel I’m hungry again
- Clean and crisp – less is more in this situation. If there are too many pieces in one outfit it gets confusing and causes people to turn away. Be a minimalist…preferably in shades of grey/white/black with the occasional pop of colour
It honestly doesn’t matter though because it is fun to be part of the blogosphere :)…whether 1 or 100 people see it!
So cheers and hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I want to say a big thank you to petitepoodle for this Liebster Award nomination! I’m pretty darn excited to now be apart of it! As I understand the Liebster award is of German origin and is to raise awareness of different blogs in the bloggersphere… cool beans 🙂
Check her blog out: https://petitepoodle.wordpress.com
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is the main theme of your blog?
- I’d say there is no specific theme, I consider it lifestyle because I want it to encompass more than just fashion and style. I want to make a post nearly everyday, just showing day to day things
2. What are you aspiring towards in life?
- I have a few aspirations. There is my professional aspirations which I went for university for, my personal life aspirations, and my dream aspirations. They’re all completely different ranging from the medical field to blogging and family.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Efficient, mellow, optimistic
4. How often do you post on your blog?
- I try to make a post daily, but I missed one this weekend due to traveling
5. What is your biggest fear?
- Swimming in deep ocean water…what the heck is below me?!?
6. What do you turn to for inspiration with your blog?
- My mood, it really just depends on what is going on in my life. I like seeing what other bloggers do but I don’t want to copy a post. I love scanning instagram to see how people take and post photos
7. What are you hobbies?
- Running, swimming, yoga, skiing, reading, playing guitar and piano, and cooking!!
8. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- I always have strange dreams, it’s hard to recall just one. I feel like I should start writing them down so I don’t forget
9. Where are you from?
- Canada! But I lived in Europe for a long time and now I’m in the US
10. What can cheer you up when you’re sad?
- My husband and/or going for a long run
11. Favourite type of food?
My Nominees are:
- Andrea Weidel (https://mybelovedmuse.wordpress.com)
- Ellie Shots (https://ourlifeoutloud.com)
- Samantha (https://notyourbasic.me/about-me/)
- Tania Garcia (https://holacollegefashion.wordpress.com/about-me/)
- Tatjana (https://tattyfrankland.com)
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & Paste the award to your blog
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 500 followers.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
So here are my questions for the above Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? (classic question)
- What do you want to be when you grown up? (If you’re grown up what do you do?)
- Are you a planner or spontaneous?
- What’s your favourite past time?
- Where do you want to live/settle down?
- What’s your most valuable piece of advice you can give someone? (about anything)
- Cat or dog?
- What is a trait that you value about yourself?
- What’s your most prized possession?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What makes you smile?
Thanks again and have fun!
Lets be honest…fast fashion is fun! The problem is that you end up spending more money than you thought you would on items that probably wont last more than one season.
I am by no means a minimalist, and since I was a teenager I was all about the quantity of clothes in my closet. But over the past few months I’ve started to make changes to the way I shop. I want to decrease the quantity of items I buy…I would rather spend more money on one good sweater that will last a few years compared to getting a new one every few months.
Eventually, I’d like really to decrease the amount of clothes in my closet to have fewer but only good quality pieces. This will also make it easier for moving as I’m not at all close to being settled in one place.
Above is a brown sweater from Free People which I was on the fence for buying due to the price. But I’m so glad I did because I love it and wear it all the time!
I also splurged on a Tory Burch purse after I got my first professional job. Again…I don’t regret getting it at all!
What do you prefer, quality or quantity?
Sweater: Free People
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Purse: Tory Burch
Watch: Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: Shellys London
I love waking up early in the morning to get some chaturanga stretch! Actually, anytime of day is the perfect time of day for yoga.
The light through the window this morning was too beautiful not to take a picture or 3!
I’ve been using Blissology by Eoin Finn for the past 4 years which I first picked up at Lulu Lemon (gotta love Lulu) but this morning I just played Moby while flowing through some poses.
Who do you yoga with? What style do you prefer?
Crop Top: Free People
Yoga Pants: Lulu Lemon
The weather this morning was a surprise, not that it wasn’t expected since the weather forecast did show snow…I had chosen to ignore it
After going out for one errand I decided to stay in the rest of the day and catch up on work (ie. episodes I’d missed).
If you’re in the mood for a short documentary you should try “Alexa Chung’s Future of Fashion“. It made me wonder, if I could go back and do university over again would I choose the field I did or something in the fashion industry? (which is something I’ve always wanted to do)
I believe that’s why I started this blog, to say that I’ve tried something within this area. No regrets… can’t say I didn’t try… that sort of thing.
So here’s to snow days, no regrets, and staying warm!
Shoes: Ralph Lauren
Coat: Wilfred Free
Scarf: Do Everything in Love