When I started this blog I wanted to post something daily, but this month has been crazy with travelling. I was in Boston for a few days, then Canada, and now going to LA.
We had some great food and shopping! I would totally recommend ‘Island Creek’ for anyone loving sea food and ‘Flour Cafe and Bakery’ for anyone wanting a mid afternoon pick me up!
Biking around the city is easy and safe. Hubway offers pedestrians to rent bicycles and return them to any Hubway station within 30 min (which I had to admit I defiantly biked more than 30 min at a time haha)…only $14 for a 3 day pass which I think is excellent.
I had a blast shopping on on Newbury street then relax in in Nespresso people watching haha. My husband does not come shopping with me so when I relax with a latte I people watch, I hope that doesn’t sound too creepy? It’s just that people are so interesting and they are from all walks of life!
Now off to the next adventue… à bientôt !
If I don’t have my watch I feel naked. It’s something I’ve worn since I was a kid….I remember the Timex Kids watch tan on my left wrist!
It’s such a great accessory since it’s extremely practical and can dress up or dress down an outfit. I prefer something that’s simpler, a plain large face with a delicate yet decorative band. My favourite, and most worn, is my black Calvin Klein watch (which happens to be men’s, but I liked it too much and I don’t regret it 🙂 )
What’s one accessory you wear without doubt?
I want to say a big thank you to petitepoodle for this Liebster Award nomination! I’m pretty darn excited to now be apart of it! As I understand the Liebster award is of German origin and is to raise awareness of different blogs in the bloggersphere… cool beans 🙂
Check her blog out: https://petitepoodle.wordpress.com
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is the main theme of your blog?
- I’d say there is no specific theme, I consider it lifestyle because I want it to encompass more than just fashion and style. I want to make a post nearly everyday, just showing day to day things
2. What are you aspiring towards in life?
- I have a few aspirations. There is my professional aspirations which I went for university for, my personal life aspirations, and my dream aspirations. They’re all completely different ranging from the medical field to blogging and family.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Efficient, mellow, optimistic
4. How often do you post on your blog?
- I try to make a post daily, but I missed one this weekend due to traveling
5. What is your biggest fear?
- Swimming in deep ocean water…what the heck is below me?!?
6. What do you turn to for inspiration with your blog?
- My mood, it really just depends on what is going on in my life. I like seeing what other bloggers do but I don’t want to copy a post. I love scanning instagram to see how people take and post photos
7. What are you hobbies?
- Running, swimming, yoga, skiing, reading, playing guitar and piano, and cooking!!
8. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- I always have strange dreams, it’s hard to recall just one. I feel like I should start writing them down so I don’t forget
9. Where are you from?
- Canada! But I lived in Europe for a long time and now I’m in the US
10. What can cheer you up when you’re sad?
- My husband and/or going for a long run
11. Favourite type of food?
My Nominees are:
- Andrea Weidel (https://mybelovedmuse.wordpress.com)
- Ellie Shots (https://ourlifeoutloud.com)
- Samantha (https://notyourbasic.me/about-me/)
- Tania Garcia (https://holacollegefashion.wordpress.com/about-me/)
- Tatjana (https://tattyfrankland.com)
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & Paste the award to your blog
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 500 followers.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
So here are my questions for the above Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? (classic question)
- What do you want to be when you grown up? (If you’re grown up what do you do?)
- Are you a planner or spontaneous?
- What’s your favourite past time?
- Where do you want to live/settle down?
- What’s your most valuable piece of advice you can give someone? (about anything)
- Cat or dog?
- What is a trait that you value about yourself?
- What’s your most prized possession?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What makes you smile?
Thanks again and have fun!
This month is crazy for me. I’m not going to be home more than 2 days in a row due to a busy travel schedule.
I absolutely love traveling, but I know I over pack and I always feel guilty about it.
Tips to not over pack:
- Write a list of outfits and the days that they will be worn (I incorporate pieces that can be used with more than one outfit)
- Don’t bring too many shoes! This is the worst for me since I always bring way too many and they are not light. To solve this, I have a rule of 3: one for touring (black and white Nike’s), one pair that can be casual or dressed up (black ankle bopt), and the one more of your choice (flat vs sandal vs pump etc).
Although I still seem to bring a few extra items, it helps prevent over packing.
Now I always make sure to leave a little room for new purchases. So now that I’m all packed, time for the best part of traveling…eating and shopping!!
Lets be honest…fast fashion is fun! The problem is that you end up spending more money than you thought you would on items that probably wont last more than one season.
I am by no means a minimalist, and since I was a teenager I was all about the quantity of clothes in my closet. But over the past few months I’ve started to make changes to the way I shop. I want to decrease the quantity of items I buy…I would rather spend more money on one good sweater that will last a few years compared to getting a new one every few months.
Eventually, I’d like really to decrease the amount of clothes in my closet to have fewer but only good quality pieces. This will also make it easier for moving as I’m not at all close to being settled in one place.
Above is a brown sweater from Free People which I was on the fence for buying due to the price. But I’m so glad I did because I love it and wear it all the time!
I also splurged on a Tory Burch purse after I got my first professional job. Again…I don’t regret getting it at all!
What do you prefer, quality or quantity?
Sweater: Free People
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Purse: Tory Burch
Watch: Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: Shellys London
I don’t like dressing preppy all the time, because it’s kind of stiff and I think it makes me look older…
But sometimes I do! And today is one of those days
Spring is the perfect weather for it, all that layering keeps one warm yet not as constricting as winter clothes.
Again my favourite colours to wear – black and blue 🙂
My favourite thing about wearing shirts like this is half tucking the front (see below).
So what are you wearing today?
Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Pants: Abercrombie and Fitch
Jacket: Forever 21
Purse: Danier Leather
Watch: Calvin Klein
Why wouldn’t you buy a lipstick that is going to enhance your natural colour? It sounds like a guarantee for the perfect compliment lip right? So bought Givenchy 16 Noir Révélatuer to give it a try (this sounds like I’m doing some infomercial add ha!)
I’ve had Dior Colour Reviver Gloss for years but find it’s a bit too ‘glossy’ and makes my lips more pink than I prefer.
Givenchy’s formula reacts with your own pH to create your perfect shade (and bonus…it’s not too glossy!!)
I absolutely love it and suggest it to everyone. It’s hard to tell on my hand, but it’s the most wonderful berry colour on my lips.
So if you feel like treating yourself to something this week go for Givenchy 🙂
Lip Stick: Givenchy 16 Noir Révélatuer
Mirror: Kate Spade