I love stripes. I would wear them everyday if I had enough different ones.
I saw this t-shirt at Eataly had to get it. If you haven’t heard, Eataly is THE best place for Italian food and goods. It houses three restaurants, Nutella bar, espresso bar, wine bar, small grocery, etc. So if you haven’t gone before, go now…Nutella bar!!!
Usually I wouldn’t go for any shirt with writing on it, but this one was just too perfect so I changed my ways. I’ll do anything for a good set of stripes 😉
What clothing/accessory would you do anything for? Shoes? Bags?
Sweater : H&M
Pants: Kennith Cole
Purse: Kate Spade
Finally! It’s warm out and it couldn’t have come at a better time. After filling up on absurd amounts of chocolate yesterday, morning runs are becoming easier to do with earlier sun rises and rising temperatures.
Warmer weather means less layers…and more sangria ;). I bought this ballerina skirt from H&M 4 or 5 years ago but this was only my second time wearing it. As I mentioned in my last post, I’m trying to wear everything in my closet more…especially those pieces I always skim over because they are ‘good’ clothes or because I believe, for some reason, they’re for special occasions.
Hope you all had a great Easter weekend. What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?
Hat: Goorin Bros
I love these Chanel espadrilles that I purchased last year. The only issue is that I’ve been too afraid to wear them because I don’t want to get them dirty. I figured I paid so much for them that they better last! If you don’t wear these things why do you buy them? To keep in your closet forever just to say you have one? No thank you!
This year I’m making an effort to wear the things I’ve set aside as ‘fancy’ or ‘good’ because they need some love too.
I like my lattes with vanilla, candles burning 90% of the time, froyo whenever possible, black & white & grey…maybe some blue, brunch when ever possible, adding emoji’s in all texts, the bachelor…the list goes on 😉
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Mondays are just too crazy sometimes, so I think everyone should slow down and enjoy a latte (which will make you start again haha)
My favourite colours to wear are these above: black, grey, and white. If I could wear this every day I would. Simple, crisp, and never out of style.
You can incorporate these colours into every season, I tend to wear more white in the summer and more black in the winter.
Since these are already distressed jeans I didn’t feel bad cutting the extra length off the bottom (I’m on the shorter side). I know FP had a pair like this recently where the bottoms were distressed as well. Usually if I really like a pair of jeans I’ll gem them shortened but that can lead to the calf not fitting properly… luckily this DIY tailoring worked out well!
Another bonus of wearing darker colours…no stains appear if you happen to spill your latte as I always seem to do!
Pants: AE Jeans
Things have been ridiculously busy with traveling lately, which is a luxury problem. And I’ve been neglecting HC so it’s time to start posting again!
After spending a few weeks in LA and spending time around all the amazing shops, I felt the need to do a shameless change-room selfie sesh.
I love this light pink and these lace up shoes, which happen to be very trendy right now.
Just your casual look over the shoulder pose…
I wasn’t able to capture a good picture, but the back of this sweater is open which gives the whole shirt a nice flowy feel. I love it and have to try my hardest not to spill anything on the white!
So happy Cinco De Mayo! Hope you enjoy some good food and drinks tonight…cheers!
Shirt: Banana Republic
Purse: Tory Burch
Pants: American Eagle
If I don’t have my watch I feel naked. It’s something I’ve worn since I was a kid….I remember the Timex Kids watch tan on my left wrist!
It’s such a great accessory since it’s extremely practical and can dress up or dress down an outfit. I prefer something that’s simpler, a plain large face with a delicate yet decorative band. My favourite, and most worn, is my black Calvin Klein watch (which happens to be men’s, but I liked it too much and I don’t regret it 🙂 )
What’s one accessory you wear without doubt?
I want to say a big thank you to petitepoodle for this Liebster Award nomination! I’m pretty darn excited to now be apart of it! As I understand the Liebster award is of German origin and is to raise awareness of different blogs in the bloggersphere… cool beans 🙂
Check her blog out: https://petitepoodle.wordpress.com
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is the main theme of your blog?
- I’d say there is no specific theme, I consider it lifestyle because I want it to encompass more than just fashion and style. I want to make a post nearly everyday, just showing day to day things
2. What are you aspiring towards in life?
- I have a few aspirations. There is my professional aspirations which I went for university for, my personal life aspirations, and my dream aspirations. They’re all completely different ranging from the medical field to blogging and family.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Efficient, mellow, optimistic
4. How often do you post on your blog?
- I try to make a post daily, but I missed one this weekend due to traveling
5. What is your biggest fear?
- Swimming in deep ocean water…what the heck is below me?!?
6. What do you turn to for inspiration with your blog?
- My mood, it really just depends on what is going on in my life. I like seeing what other bloggers do but I don’t want to copy a post. I love scanning instagram to see how people take and post photos
7. What are you hobbies?
- Running, swimming, yoga, skiing, reading, playing guitar and piano, and cooking!!
8. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- I always have strange dreams, it’s hard to recall just one. I feel like I should start writing them down so I don’t forget
9. Where are you from?
- Canada! But I lived in Europe for a long time and now I’m in the US
10. What can cheer you up when you’re sad?
- My husband and/or going for a long run
11. Favourite type of food?
My Nominees are:
- Andrea Weidel (https://mybelovedmuse.wordpress.com)
- Ellie Shots (https://ourlifeoutloud.com)
- Samantha (https://notyourbasic.me/about-me/)
- Tania Garcia (https://holacollegefashion.wordpress.com/about-me/)
- Tatjana (https://tattyfrankland.com)
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & Paste the award to your blog
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 500 followers.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
So here are my questions for the above Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? (classic question)
- What do you want to be when you grown up? (If you’re grown up what do you do?)
- Are you a planner or spontaneous?
- What’s your favourite past time?
- Where do you want to live/settle down?
- What’s your most valuable piece of advice you can give someone? (about anything)
- Cat or dog?
- What is a trait that you value about yourself?
- What’s your most prized possession?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What makes you smile?
Thanks again and have fun!